Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rainforest Deforestation

I miss learning English. Really, it was about the lowest pressure in language learning yet. I had no responsibilities, I hung out with people who took care of everything I needed. I learned by listening to people talk or hearing people read me stories. Whenever I said something, like, "mommy, or cracker, or dada," everyone cheered and applauded like I'd ended rainforest deforestation. And then I had a huge sense of accomplishment.

Nowadays things are different. I learn by going to class, studying and hanging out with people, who often have greater expectations on me than mommy, cracker and dada, which I've actually been able to say for sometime now. In order to have a noteworthy sense of accomplishment and a similar response from listeners, I think I'd have to have a conversation about how I am actually personally ending the rainforest deforestation.

And there I am folks, sitting on my language plateau.

No comments: