Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Static

So, static electricity is king here these days. The weather is cooler, thankfully, and each night my blanket lights up the room everytime I move. My hair is dry. At first I thought it was just dirty, so I started washing it more, but that just made it more dry. Now I look like a science experiment when I try to brush my hair. I should buy a better shampoo. I pet the cat and he gets electrocuted. There should be someway to harness this power and use it to provide electricity. Somebody should work on that. I'll work on getting new shampoo.

Most everyday a man walks outside my window shouting about something he is selling. It's different everyday--tomatoes, fish. I can't always understand what he's saying. Sometimes he wakes me up. Ironically, the days when he wakes me up it sounds like he is shouting "Quiet, quiet, quiet." And that makes me chuckle. Someday I'm going to go purchase some fish from him. They come straight from the river, so they have to be ok right? He will even gut it for me :)

We never know when the garbage man will come, could be anytime. Normally someone preceeds him blowing a gym whistle, so we know to bring out our trash. I just have to condition my ears to make me think "I must take out my trash" everytime I hear a whistle.

There is an Indian restaurant here that is AMAZING. How are there not Indian restaurants on every corner in America?

I am refusing to continue being a ludite. I am trying really hard to enter the world of technology.

Well friends, I can't think of too much else that will interest you.

3 comments:

ManderJean said...

and the truth comes out to why charlie's tail is always fluffy...

Becca said...

i'm having that problem too!! my two warm jackets create so much static, it's not even funny. but it's cold, so what do i do? i want my hair to not stand straight out from my head anymore! :-(

good chattin with you today. thanks for getting online! ;-)

Unknown said...

So funny about hearing a whistle and bringing out the trash! I can't wait to hear about when you are adapting back with that one! :) I Ask that everytime I hear a whistle I think of that and lift you up!