Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Christmas--kinda late

I love singing Christmas carols. They are so beautiful. One year we went to an Anglican Christmas Eve midnight sevice--that was one of the most beautiful service I have ever attended. It was so formal and reverent and full of awe. We sang every verse to each carol. And, a little trivia for you, my favorite carols are O Come O Come Emmanuel and O Holy Night. What Child is This comes pretty close though.

I spent this year's season making the best Christmas carol playlist. Now that it is Christmas day, I want songs that I don't have. I want the happy songs, not the weepy ones. I woke up singing I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day. I should have thought ahead.

I went crazy baking this year. I think it was some sort of coping mechanism. It was fun, but no more late night baking sessions for me for a while. I think that might be a bit over the top.

Thanks to a some very kind people in my life, I got Starbucks Christmas Blend for Christmas. Today I drank some, from a french press, with a spice cookie. WOW. I mean WOW. It was sooooooo good. I didn't realize how much I missed drinking premium coffee. Verona, with dark chocolate, Sanani with cranberries--there is nothing like it. I might like black coffee more than a latte, or an Americano.

My life is full and good, immeasurably better than I deserve. Still, I wish there were more people physically in my life that knew me, that really knew me. I love you guys :)

5 comments:

BrunerAbroad said...

Merry Christmas Jennifer!!

(even though Christmas is over, that was a Christmas post...and here Christmas doesn't technically end until 3 Kings Day on Jan 6, so I still get to celebrate Christmas for like 2 weeks longer than everybody else!)

Alex and Heather Lundy said...

Jennifer!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Glad to see you have a blog. Check out our blog when you get a chance.

Shoot me an email sometime.
Alex

Danielle said...

You're amazing and I am loving getting this glimpse into your life. How is teaching going?

mrs. darling said...

Yay! I'm so excited you have a blog now!

A few things...I remember how you and Amanda were constantly baking in Dakar. It seemed everytime we came over you two were cooking.

I really love the quote in your previous entry...let your love rage like a lion. It's beautiful. So are you.

Becca said...

i think it's time for another jenn post...get online sometime! i have really funny stories about climbing this past weekend! hehe...