Sunday, December 9, 2007

Movement

A good friend here has commented on how quiet i have been. Am I becoming a quieter person? I don't know. But I know for certain that there are times when I have no idea of what to say so I say nothing, times when getting across what I want to say would take more effort than I can give, times when I don't want to say anything at all, and times when I want someone around who will hear my words in the context of who I am.

I spend free time on the internet looking for great song writers and musicians. I keep "discovering" people that most people have known for years, loving musicians I merely liked before. I never did this in America--I even listened to the radio there but mostly because I had a very loved but very old car. I suppose it isn't the worst way to spend free time, especially since I haven't yet been able to watch a movie straight through. What has happened to my attention span?

Arabic isn't too bad these days. I still don't understand most of what people say to me, but I enjoy learning it and see progress in class. I might even characterize it as fun...

1 comment:

Becca said...

i loved learning arabic. sometimes, when the men were getting to me, it was the only thing that kept me going...