Monday, November 26, 2007

Two lists

Things I miss (in no particular order):
Easy access to talking to and seeing family and friends
My Fort Worth apartment and my full of grace and mercy and laughter roommate inside the apartment.
All my DC peeps--you each deserve your own line on this list.
Dynorock--climbing partners and employees--think of me on the 45 wall.
Target
Friday morning rushes at Starbucks--but only when I was on the bar
Speaking of Starbucks--a rocking latte right after a shift--mmmm-nothing like it. Well, a rocking latte on a day off is pretty good too actually--when the weather starts to get cool, but is warm enough still to drink iced drinks.
Trinity Park
Tuesday night tea time
Cooking in a kitchen and culture of which I have a full grasp.
Wearing my hair down
Wearing whatever I want
South Texas sunsets
Tacos Ernesto and Rosas
Not having unattractive feet


Things I love here (again, in no particular order):
Music--more than in America--I don't really get it--and I have way more folksy taste here--bring on Sandra McCracken and Derek W--will there ever be a perfect playlist?
My park/zoo
Walking
Anytime I can speak Arabic
Being here
Shwarmas--kinda like tacos
Scarves--I feel like Grace Kelly in them.
Cooking--sorta--I will like it more once I figure out a few more things about shopping here.
Slumber parties
Right now the weather (this will change in a few months)
Juice stands
Community
Laughing with strangers
Fun long skirts that nearly cover my toes.
Dashes--apparently

No comments: