Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Volleyball

A volleyball game made my cultural experience of the evening. Apparently volleyball is a well loved sport around here, second only to the highly beloved football. Now, those of you who know me well, know that I only really enjoy sporting events for the social aspects they provide. Mostly, I enjoy talking to people and eating cotton candy. Tonight was not too much of an exception; and while there was no consession person selling cotton candy, I was not at a loss for sweet things to eat. Foreigners are much the entertainment around here, and my friend and I were quickly ushered to a front seat at center court. More than one camera was pulled out in the course of the evening, including a TV camera, in order to document our attendance. Who knows, in only a few short days I too could be an international super star. Just remember, never believe what you read in the tabloids. We were given snacks and bottled water, and met international referees, at least one of whom has refereed at the Olympics. My team won. Ok, I didn't have a team really, but a team won and I cheered on their victory.

I took pictures and maybe sometime I'll post some. My aspiration for creating a blog has been reached so I plan to enjoy that before moving on to greater technological accomplishments. After the pictures, I think I'll work on creating self-aware computers. Then I'll create even stronger self-aware computers to help us defeat the first set of self-aware computers when they take over the human race. So basically, my next technical task is to save the world. Where do I apply to receive the Nobel Prize?

No comments: